Administrator

Blog Entries

Favorite version

What are your three favorite versions

Which versions do you refuse to use

Quote Originally Posted by SALTY View Post
      What are your three favorite versions

Which versions do you refuse to use
      Favorites: KJV because my language helps are tied to it with the Strong's number system
      NRSV because it takes a scholarly approach, though I usually prefer the alternate translation in the OT Translator's notes
      REB (Revised English Bible) is a smooth reading, dynamic translation which I find usually is accurate as I see various verses.
      * I use many versions and try to determine, using various helps, which translation seems to more accurately render the original Hebrew or Greek.

I can only think of one translation I refuse to use, the New World Translation by the * Witnesses, the Watchtower group, because it is purposely mistranslated to support their heresies, mainly the true Deity of Jesus Christ, God the Son.
      Ned

"BUT FIRST NOTE this: no one can interpret any prophecy of Scripture by himself." (2 Peter 1:20 New English Bible)
      [We must have the illumination of the Holy Spirit to understand the Scripture that He inspired.]

"Beloved, ... contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered unto the saints." (Jude 1:3, ASV)