• Arcade

Thread: Should we prohibit these individuals to vote?

Administrator

Blog Entries

Should we prohibit these individuals to vote?

Many schools double as voting locations. Should a convicted sex offender be prohibit from voting,
      if the school is his designated located. (keep in mind - some states/commonwealths do permit
      some felons to regain the right to vote)

Quote Originally Posted by SALTY View Post
      Many schools double as voting locations. Should a convicted sex offender be prohibit from voting,
      if the school is his designated located. (keep in mind - some states/commonwealths do permit
      some felons to regain the right to vote)
      NO! But, I only believe men, alone or heads of the home, employed or retired on their life's work able to pay a poll tax, literate and able to pass a basic literacy test should vote. The USA is NOT a democracy but a Republic by our Constitution, with biblical underpinnings. Give women the vote and then you make her the enemy or opposition of her husband. In the USA, as in most Christian countries, it was quite clear until 1920, so the prior centuries were all misguided by God's word?
      Last edited by Hermeneut7; 09-12-2018 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Misread, my "NO" should be "yes"
      Ned

"BUT FIRST NOTE this: no one can interpret any prophecy of Scripture by himself." (2 Peter 1:20 New English Bible)
      [We must have the illumination of the Holy Spirit to understand the Scripture that He inspired.]

"Beloved, ... contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered unto the saints." (Jude 1:3, ASV)

Administrator

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Hermeneut7 View Post
      NO! But, I only believe men, alone or heads of the home, employed or retired on their life's work able to pay a poll tax, literate and able to pass a basic literacy test should vote. The USA is NOT a democracy but a Republic by our Constitution, with biblical underpinnings. Give women the vote and then you make her the enemy or opposition of her husband. In the USA, as in most Christian countries, it was quite clear until 1920, so the prior centuries were all misguided by God's word?
      How about a widow, or a single women -

Quote Originally Posted by Hermeneut7 View Post
      NO! But, I only believe men, alone or heads of the home, employed or retired on their life's work able to pay a poll tax, literate and able to pass a basic literacy test should vote...
      What does any of that have to do with sex offenders voting?