• Arcade

Thread: A Secret Place

Administrator

A Secret Place

A Secret Place
      by PamFord Davis
      09/25/18
      Free to Share

I unashamedly admit it. I’m a diehard fan of The Waltons.

This morning a frequently visited spot on the Waltons property surfaced in my memory. I remembered the tree house. Though visible to all, it was a secret place. When young, Jim Bob and Elizabeth often climbed the wooden ladder; they wanted to be alone. In reality, we all need a secret place.

We meet God there. He is in secret.

“Whenever you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites, because they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by people. I assure you: They’ve got their reward! But when you pray, go into your private room, shut your door, and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. When you pray, don’t babble like the idolaters, since they imagine they’ll be heard for their many words. Don’t be like them, because your Father knows the things you need before you ask Him.

‘Therefore, you should pray like this:

Our Father in heaven,
      Your name be honored as holy.
      Your kingdom come.
      Your will be done
      on earth as it is in heaven.
      Give us today our daily bread.
      And forgive us our debts,
      as we also have forgiven our debtors.
      And do not bring us into temptation,
      but deliver us from the evil one.
      [For Yours is the kingdom and the power
      and the glory forever. Amen.] (Matthew 6:5-13 HCSB).”

Wing His Words
      Pam Ford Davis
      http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=40416
      http://pamforddavis.wordpress.com/about

Administrator

Blog Entries
      About a year ago, Mrs Salty and I visited Schuyler, VA - the real hometown of (the late) Earl Hammer.
      There is only one store in town - but it is rather modern. The original store now sells souvenirs.
      The School (K-12) closed several years ago (when it merged with another school district) and is now
      a museum . The Hammer house is much smaller, only 3 bedrooms. (Seven dollars per person to take the self tour.
      Rockfish is only a railroad crossing. Used to have a post office - but that is gone now.
      There is a Baptist church in town. We scheduled our trip so we could attend a Sunday service.
      One of the ladies in the Sunday School class was a classmate of Earl Hammer!

Was a very interesting visit~

Administrator

WOW! When my husband Norm drove truck (for several years) I rode with him. I remember us driving through the area...