Administrator

You Look Like Dorothy

You Look Like Dorothy
      by PamFord Davis
      08/19/20
      Free to Share

‘You look like Dorothy.’

‘You favor your mom.’

I’ve been told that I look like both my mother and my Aunt Dorothy. My aunt recently died and I’ve been thinking about how much I resemble her.

Mom once told me about a humorous incident. My aunt was visiting her; while there, she looked through Mom’s photo albums. My aunt paused at a snapshot and said she didn’t remember having that picture taken. Mom told her, 'its Pam.' Years later, my Aunt Dorothy confirmed the resemblance.

My husband was a cross country truck driver and I rode along. It had been years since I’d seen Aunt Dorothy. Going through South Carolina, we arranged a quick visit with her and husband Cliff. To save time, she met us at our truck. Excited, I opened the passenger door and stepped down to greet her. Smiling, she said ‘you look like Dorothy!’

Note that she didn’t say, ‘you look like me.’ I wonder why…

Most of us resemble our parents. My brother certainly looks like our Dad. I am God’s child. I hope people see the Father in me.

“Then God said, ‘Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth (Genesis 1:26 NASB).”

Wing His Words
      Pam Ford Davis
      http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=40416
      http://www.pamforddavis.com

Administrator

Over the past few years, I have started to look more like my father.

Administrator

I understand!