• Arcade

Thread: Biblical Prophesy.

Jr High School

Biblical Prophesy.

Fellas, I was wondering if you guys are interested in Biblical Prophesy? I like reading about such things and my understanding is very limited. But I found something of interest recently and I wondered what ya'll though.

In reading Rev Ch 8 theres a bit which says:

And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.
      I just learned that the name of the Ukranian city Chernobyl means...wormwood. Is this coincidence? Is there any connection? Chernobyl was a great disaster in Russia and the waters became bitter and undrinkable,. Lots of folks wound up dying.

HS Somphore

I remember reading about that some time ago. So far as I know, Chernobyl hasn't affected anywhere near a third of all the waters of earth, probably not even a measurable percentage. But it is intriguing, and possibly a foreshadowing of worse things to come

Wormwood is a common tree over there. It is like all the locales here named after the maple or elm tree.