• Arcade

Thread: Calvinist to Atheist

Administrator

Blog Entries

Calvinist to Atheist

From Easy Believism to 5 Point Calvinist to Atheist:

1) Embrace another gospel, one that values dead faith.

2) Embrace the idea that nothing we do will change the outcome of our lives.

3) Therefore embrace atheism, since nothing we do will alter the outcome of our lives.

One, two, three - its as easy as taking broccoli from a baby.

I think this is over simplified - thoughts?

I can give a better course: Not a believer but embracing a belief system that is well organized to make it easy for him, realize that your "belief" is really not that but instead an unbelief and then leave the Gospel that you have heard - and maybe even preached - and speak against it. He never believed it to begin with - that is the issue.

I think he was brainwashed into "believing" much like little children who compliantly repeat a prayer in order to avoid hell (and/or please their parents.) When he didn't get what he expected, is "belief" was shattered.

Elemantary School

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by SALTY View Post
      From Easy Believism to 5 Point Calvinist to Atheist: Spurious discussion to say the least

1) Embrace another gospel, one that values dead faith. See2 Cor 11:4-5 - "another" in Greek is "one of the same" and the other Greek word is also used in these texts for "another" = differetn. They are allos and heteros.Many have a false faith (see the Sower and the Seed parable.

2) Embrace the idea that nothing we do will change the outcome of our lives. Calvinism is, I guess what is implied herein. Simplistic is understatement. True doctrines of grace IS THE GOSPEL. However, it is not ever to be considered fatalistic or determinative. Please try and understand the Introduction of Eph 1:3-14 and note how many times "glory" is mention relating to the Father. Also, a solid reading of J I Packer's INTRODUCTORY ESSAY TO THE DEATH OF DEATH WOULD explain many of the misrepresentations and foolishness that abounds today.

3) Therefore embrace atheism, since nothing we do will alter the outcome of our lives. Since #1 and #2 are illogical,then reason and logic, plus Scripture, eliminates #3. Remember, Calvinism is a NICKNAME for the DOCTRINES OF GRACE (TULIP) and had nothing to do with subject of easy believism.

One, two, three - its as easy as taking broccoli from a baby. Instead of taking the broccoli away from the baby, just hold him for a few moments and he will spew the broccoli at you!!!! LOL

I think this is over simplified - thoughts?
      I know you Bob and this was a hoot! Keep us on our toes. Be well.

Elemantary School

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
      I know you Bob and this was a hoot! Keep us on our toes. Be well.
      Old discussion (five months and counting) I know, but ...

Your addition, in red, of the discussion of allos and heteros is incorrect. Both give indication of comparative opposites and they mean "another" allos or "different" heteros. There cannot be "another of the same" Jesus, which is what is implied here. Also, the verse is mostly irrelevant to the discussion.

Having said that, I would add that Calvinism has strayed so far afield of what it attempted to explain that it is no longer a valid theology, but a rabbit trail that gets people lost from the presence of God.

The comments in red are entirely irrelevant, particularly the comments aboul the word "another." Salty wasn't referring to the Scriptures when he used that word. Whatever you want to say about the Greek language is of no value in this regard.