• Arcade

Thread: Extent of Evangelism

Administrator

Blog Entries

Extent of Evangelism

In Mark 16:15 Jesus said "Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature."

While in Matt 28:19-20 Jesus commands "Go ye therefore and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world"

So does this mean that for some Christians - preaching is sufficient - and only others should be disciplining?

Or is it that Mark 16, is step on in our ministry and then Matt 28 is step two?

Open for discussion

Administrator

Blog Entries
      When you preach are you not proclaiming God's Word? For some it will be a new teaching and some it is remedial teaching. So you really do both. Before you can make someone a disciple or student, they have to know their is a class and what it is about before they enroll. You come into a new area preaching/proclaiming the Gospel. They hear it and they are taught by it so you proclaimed and taught at the same time. If they choose to become students they will learn what you continue to preach/proclaim and teach them.

I can take any of my sermons and teach them in SS or preach them in the service. We have culturally made a huge difference between the two. We think that teaching is soft spoken in a class room and maybe doing some word studies and share history tidbits. Preaching is when we are loud and rowdy, pounding pulpits and looking for a decision to be made. You can be soft spoken and your teaching should provoke people to a decision. No matter what you say in the pulpit, it will be a teaching moment and the only difference between a classroom and a sanctuary is size.
      Luke 22:31,32
      When the herd is aheadin' fer the cliff it t'ain't bad bein' a Maverick!