Thread: Too Many Goodbyes

Administrator

Too Many Goodbyes

Too Many Goodbyes
      by PamFord Davis
      01/09/18
      Free to Share

Too many goodbyes…

I remember Mom’s sadness; in her 70’s, she had grieved the loss of many in her family and circle of close friends.

Too many goodbyes…Sometimes we cannot even say goodbye and the dead cannot return. Our faith sustains us.

“David pleaded with God for the boy. He fasted, went home, and spent the night lying on the ground. The elders of his house stood beside him to get him up from the ground, but he was unwilling and would not eat anything with them.

On the seventh day the baby died. But David’s servants were afraid to tell him the baby was dead. They said, “Look, while the baby was alive, we spoke to him, and he wouldn’t listen to us. So how can we tell him the baby is dead? He may do something desperate (2 Samuel 12:16-18 HCSB).”

David discerned the truth. His son had died.

“Then David got up from the ground. He washed, anointed himself, changed his clothes, went to the Lord’s house, and worshiped. Then he went home and requested something to eat. So they served him food, and he ate (2 Samuel 12:20 HCSB).”

King David's servants were puzzled by his sudden change of behavior.

“He answered, ‘While the baby was alive, I fasted and wept because I thought, ‘Who knows? The Lord may be gracious to me and let him live.’ But now that he is dead, why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I’ll go to him, but he will never return to me (2 Samuel 12:22-23 HCSB).”

Wing His Words
      Pam Ford Davis
      http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=40416
      http://www.pamforddavis.com

Administrator

Blog Entries
      There is a story where an older man was dying and he said goodnight to three of his sons - to the fourth son he said goodbye.
      Whereupon, that son asked why he said good night to his three older brothers - but goodnight to him.
      The father answered that he will see those three again in the Presence of the Lord. But told the youngest that since he had not
      accepted the Lord - he would not ever see him again.

Administrator

WOW! Great story...